Thursday 9 February 2017

REVIEW: John Wick: Chapter 2

REVIEW: John Wick: Chapter 2





Director:  Chad Stahelski
Stars:        Keanu Reeves, Riccardo Scamarcio, Ian McShane and more.

THE STORY:

John Wick Chapter 2 is a sequel to the 2014 movie John Wick. it's an action packed movie where there is not a really complicated or a long story, but the main story is that John Wick finds out that there is a huge bounty on his head and he is trying to survive and kill the opponents.

GOOD:

If you remember the first movie you would also remember that majority of us were really reluctant to watch that movie at first but it was Keanu Reeves who made us fall in love with John Wick and that is the case here, Keanu is the reason then movie shines, and I feel like it can be no one else. His acting, his dialogue delivery (especially), his whole presence adds to the movie.

The second thing that I think increased the beauty of the movie was the action, as it was expected since the action in the first John Wick was amazing as well. but here they have built on that action, even more, especially the small parts of the hand to hand combat. It's realistic, it will keep your adrenalin rushing, and Keanu Reeves definitely had a hand in that too, he performed those action scenes and those fights with absolute perfection.

I had a small doubt before watching the movie that they are probably gonna continue from where they left off and it's just gonna be nonsense action. But I was wrong, although the first fight scene was a continuation of the last movie but that was only one scene and that's it after that they kinda created a new plot, which gave me my next thing to worry about, that they are gonna leave the old things that we loved about the first John Wick and I would miss those things, but surprise surprise, they actually kept the whole world of John Wick from the first movie, and they actually built on that some more which was certainly more than my expectations and I loved it. 

BAD:

The first thing that I felt was missing from the movie had more to do with the fact that the first John Wick set the bar very high than it had to do with the fact that John Wick chapter 2 was bad. The first John Wick was not just good it was "surprisingly good" which means, like I said, that nobody expected it to be that good but it was and ultimately we ended up expecting way more than we should have from John Wick chapter 2 and that is why some of us might end up a little bit disappointed, especially with the fact that chapter 2 is slower and less exciting that the first one.

The next thing I felt could have been better was the motivation behind Keanu reeves coming back as a Hitman. In the first movie, he was avenging a puppy, that was his last connection to his dead wife whom he loved and that was amazing, I think it's safe to say that everyone felt it and connected with it, and everyone got why a retired Hitman came out of retirement, but in John Wick chapter 2 the connection is missing and I really felt that.

THE FINAL WORD:

Definitely, watch it guys, it's a must watch, I loved it, I enjoyed it and I bet you will too.

THE TRAILER:


No comments:

Post a Comment