Director: David Ayer
Writer: David Ayer
Stars: Will Smith, Jared Leto, Margot Robbie, and more.
What if The next Superman is a villain/and wants to enslave us? that's the question that led to the creation of The Suicide Squad. Amanda Waller is concerned about the safety of human kind, in case someone like superman, comes to earth and turns out to be evil and endangers human kind? So she puts together a team of super villains to defend Earth. And one of the super villains (Enchantress) turns out to be the threat that wants to wipe out the Human race.
I don't know why this movie had such bad reviews, because frankly I loved it.
to be specific:
- For me The movie belongs to Deadshot. Will Smith has done an extraordinarily fantastic job. He is bad ass, He is witty, He has a sense of humour in a serious tone that just attracts you from the beginning, and I loved it. His emotional side will definitely attract you. His story with his daughter really adds to that.
- They have showed the emotional sides to Super villains, and that looks amazing. it really makes you feel for Them. and the way they portrayed it, is amazing. specially Harley Quinn, no matter how cold blooded she makes you believe she is, deep down she is soft and full of love.
- Chemistry between the Stars is another highlight of the movie. specially between Deadshot and captain Flag, its a different kind of chemistry when they hate each other, and its another kind of chemistry when they start to get along and even care for each other, but its always there. then there is the chemistry between Harley Quinn and deadshot, that appeals to you on a different level.
- Joker and Harley Quinn's story, is the new standard of love stories, They will do anything for each other and to be with each other. Its actually when Harley thinks she lost Mr J, that we get to see The Soft on the inside, emotional Harley Quinn. The Joker proves it more than one times in the movie, that he will always be there for her.
- I loved the cameos in the movie, i-e Batman, and The Flash. I was hoping that The Batman that cameo in the movie would be Ben Affleck's Batman and I loved it when I found out that it was. The Flash cameo was a surprise for me, and I must say a very happy surprise.
- I was kinda worried about the action, because in the past DC lacked good action, but I must say we don't have that problem here. the action in fact is really good. there is a scene where Deadshot kills every bad guy (except for his team) single-handedly, while standing on top of a car, that just blew my mind.
- The movie has a lot of comedy, and considering the fact that this is a DC movie, it's a really big thing. But what I loved was the fact that they had comedy, and they made the movie more fun, but they stayed true to DC, i-e the movie was still as dark as you would expect a DC movie to be.
- First and foremost let's talk about The Joker. I really liked him. Jared Leto absolutely was amazing in his own way as the joker. but the thing is he wasn't given enough screen time in the movie.
- I din't care for the Villain ( Enchantress) at all. she was the same old cliched villain who as usual wants to wipe out humanity and rule the world.
- There is a time when you get confused about the villain, because Enchantress is kind of MIA, and the joker is acting like the villain, and then things go back to original, but in that time you can't help but feel that may be The Joker would have been way better as main villain than Enchantress, and may be they should have avoided Enchantress all together.
It's a must watch. I loved it and I would recommend it to you guys.