Tuesday 10 January 2017

A Monster Calls - Movie Review



Director: J.A. Bayona

Writers:   Patrick Ness ... (screenplay)
 
               Patrick Ness ... (based on the novel written by)
 
               Siobhan Dowd ... (from an original idea by)
Stars:     Lewis MacDougall, Sigourney Weaver, Felicity Jones, Liam Neeson | and more



The movie revolves around a kid with a disturbed life especially because of his mother with a terminal disease, who looks for help from a tree monster to cope with his troubles.

GOOD:

  • What I loved about the movie were the stories that the tree (played by Liam Neeson) tells. In his own way, the tree is trying to teach the kid how to deal with life and it really works.
  • Lewis MacDougall the lead actor although a kid is really amazing in his character. I was worried about "a kid" playing the lead role but the movie proved me wrong. another great performance was by Felicity jones, she is so good she would break your heart with her acting.
BAD:

  • I guess I should warn you that it's a little too dark for kids under 13 years of age. other than that I didn't find anything that could be termed as bad.

THE FINAL WORD:

Don't take kids under 13 years with you, but definitely, watch this movie. I enjoyed it and I am sure so would you.


ENJOY THE TRAILER FOR THE MOVIE:


No comments:

Post a Comment