OK Jaanu - Movie Review
Director: Shaad Ali
Writers: Mani Ratnam (story and screenplay), Gulzar (dialogue)
Stars: Aditya Roy Kapoor, Shraddha Kapoor, Naseeruddin Shah and more.
A romantic comedy about two young adults who are in a live-in relationship and who never wants to get married. but will it work out like that or not, that is the story.
- Shraddha Kapoor and Aditya Roy Kapoor share a great chemistry as expected. The way the two stars have portrayed falling in love and the beginning of a new relationship is excellent and surely relatable of young adults The two were seen together in Aashiqui 2 and were loved by everyone.
- I am not a very big fan of Shraddha Kapoor but I must admit she looks stunning throughout the movie.
- The performance of both the lead actors and Naseeruddin shah was excellent.
- The first lovemaking scene (Yes I said it) and the whole build up for the scene was captivating. it will surely make your heart beat a little faster and make you smile, possibly even giggle. plus the background music with the whole scene really sets the mode.
- Last but not at all the least, A.R Rahman sir's music. I gotta be honest, the music album didn't impress me when it released, except for two songs Inna sona and The Humma song which I loved. but when I heard the music with the specific scenes it really amazed me, the music truly compliments every scene of the movie.
- The movie is based on a very cliched theme that we have seen many times and both Hollywood and Bollywood, i-e A young couple who wants to be in a relationship with no strings attached because at least one of them have parents who are separated, but they end up falling in love, or in the case of OK Jaanu, getting married.
- I didn't like the ending. just like the theme, the ending was also cliched. I think they could have given it a much better ending, maybe they could have separated them and made them choose their career while still being in love, which, let's face it, would have been much more realistic. not every story needs a happy ending.
- if they had avoided the whole cliched ending there would have been no need to shove in unnecessary families. Both Aditya Roy Kapoor's and Shraddha Kapoor's characters are shown to be very independent in the movie, I think their family interference was unnecessary. the reason I say that this was because of the ending is because I feel like the families were only introduced so that they can be at the wedding.
If you like to be critical about movies and use your brain about movies a lot then avoid it, otherwise it's a fun one-time watch. I had fun watching it.
ENJOY THE TRAILER: