Wednesday 13 July 2016

Ghostbusters Review

Director: Paul Feig
Writers: Katie Dippold, Paul feig
Stars: Melissa McCarthy,Kristen Wiig,Kate Mckinnon, Leslie Jones, chris hemsworth, and others.

Ghostbusters is a reboot of the 1984 original  ghostbusters movie, with an all female cast, plus chris hemsworth.
The 4 ladies together form a band (sort of) to fight the ghosts after they invade Manhattan.
that's all I can say about the plot because that's all there is.

GOOD:
Honestly, there was not much I liked about the movie, but I would talk about what I didn't like in the "BAD" section.

  • I would like to point out that the marketing campaign including the trailers, of the movie was really bad, and it sort of already gave us a bad image of the movie. I am not saying that the movie was as good as it should have been, but it also wasn't as bad as they made us think through the trailers and all.
  • The movie was enjoyable. I was expecting to laugh because it is a comedy movie, but don't expect it to be that funny, its just "chuckles" kinda enjoyable.
  • All the Stars did a decent job, the ladies were really good. chris hemsworth gave me the most laughs, or should I say chuckles? although they do shove it down your throat that chris's character is dumb, but still he was funny.
BAD:

  • The movie was a reboot of an original movie, and that worked out against the movie, as in the movie has nothing new, or original to offer. you cant help but think that may be they should have a made a different movie and not a reboot.
  • Personally I hated the villain. he had nothing "villainy" to offer. the villain of the original ghostbusters had a connection with the movie (if you remember) but here the villain is just sort of, there, and has no material connection with the movie.
  • What I absolutely Hated about the movie was the constant reminders of the original movie. every 15 or so minutes they had to throw something in from the original movie to remind us that they had an original ghostbusters.
FINAL WORD:
Its a highly avoidable movie. you are better off watching literally anything else. you will watch it on dvd eventually. wait for the DVD I would suggest.



REVIEW BY FAISAL.

No comments:

Post a Comment