DIRECTOR: David Yates
WRITERS: Adam Cozad, Craig Brewer
STARS: Alexander Skarsgard as Tarzan & Margot Robbie as Jane.
SPOILER ALERT, PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK
Although we do get flashbacks to the origins of Tarzan, The legend of Tarzan is not yet another Tarzan origin movie. It is kind of a sequel to the Tarzan story we have seen so many times. this movie happens in the time after the original Tarzan story, where Tarzan is not known by the name Tarzan, instead he goes by the name, John Clayton, he lives in London with his wife, Jane, that's right, you heard it, Jane and Tarzan are married. Tazran is called back to the Congo, to resolve some disputes going on there, and only Tarzan can do it.
- Personally I think, the fact that its not yet another Tarzan origin story, and is in fact a sequel is the best thing about the movie. I think we have had enough of the origins of Tarzan.
- Although it is a sequel, we do get flashbacks to the origin story of Tarzan, it kind of jogs your memory about the origins, without shoving it down your throats.
- A large part of the story of the movie is about Tarzan's interaction with the animals, and that is portrayed beautifully, the emotions between Tarzan and the animals is amazing.
- Margot Robbie as Jane is simply amazing, she is not just a damsel in distress, she is shown as strong and tough, basically a badass.
- Alexander Skarsgard as Tarzan is really good, although he doesn't get to talk that much, he expresses his emotions really good.
- The CGI is really bad in the movie, specially the Apes. they look really fake at times. I think if you want to release a Tarzan movie in 2016, you have to match the movies of this age, for example, planet of the apes, and The jungle book.
- The movie in parts really feels like rushed, I felt like there were plot points that should have been given more time to unfold properly.
- Many of you might not agree with me but I didn't like Christoph Waltz as Leon Rom, He brings nothing new to the role. He was just the typical Christoph Waltz being villain, like we have seen him many times before.
I agree they could have made it a lot better. but still, its not that bad, I enjoyed it a lot, and I am sure you guys will too. Watch it.