Saturday 23 July 2016

Top 3 Superheroes of both the big screen and the small, in my opinion.

1. Captain America Trilogy


The Sentinel of liberty, The patriotic, the brave, the courageous, the one who would sacrifice himself again and again to do the right thing, I could go on and on, but there aren't enough adjectives to describe him, God's righteous man, Captain America.
When the first Captain america movie (in the MCU)) came out in 2011, I had no idea who captain america was, or What the Marvel cinematic universe was, I only had a little idea about Marvel and DC. but I didn't know there was a war going on between them.
when I watched the movie I was instantly hooked. Its safe to say that Captain America introduced me to all the awesomeness that is the Superhero universe.
The first movie was not really liked by many, but for me it was and still is one of the best. it might have had something to do with Chris Evans playing the character, or the Awesome story, or Captain America's traits that make him THE CAPTAIN, but I loved it.
people thought that captain america didn't have what it took to have a good sequel, he didn't have a flying suit, he wasn't an alien, he wasn't anything that people were used to seeing in a superhero.
But in 2014 the winter soldier came out and it broke all the records and all the doubts people had about The Captain, it was in every way an improvement and it was awesome,
Then in 2016, Civil War came out, basically an avengers movie but they named it after Captain america, that alone should tell you how much everyone loves captain america. that being said the movie was amazing. people always complained that marvel can't have meaningful stories or emotionally strong characters, and once again The Captain to the rescue, once again Captain america gave us a well directed, well acted amazing movie.


2. The Dark Knight Trilogy


The billionaire playboy who is the bat vigilante at night, a nightmare for the bad guys, that's Batman.
Who doesn't love The Dark knight trilogy? Some will argue that it's the best superhero trilogy ever made.
personally, even when I was not familiar with DC and Marvel, I knew Batman. Liking batman was somehow inside me since childhood. When I first watched the Dark knight trilogy I had no idea about any universes in the superhero genre or anything. I loved the trilogy judging it solely based on being just a movie, and even then I was mesmerized.
Every movie in the Dark knight trilogy is amazing. the Dark Gotham, the absolutely serious and troubled Batman, everything related to those movies has its own charm and its own appeal. until The dark knight Trilogy came out superhero movies mostly had no story, no meaning, just a superhero trying to take down a super villain. The Dark knight trilogy changed that. it proved that even superheroes can have emotions, past, a good story.

3. Marvel's Daredevil

Crime fighting lawyer by day and crime fighting vigilante by night, the blind hero of hell's kitchen is the one they call The Daredevil.
Marvel's Daredevil on Netflix, for me is like the Dark knight trilogy of the small screen.
it proved that marvel can go dark if they want to. and it works perfectly. it did for superhero TV shows, what the Dark knight Trilogy did for big screen movies. we have seen 2 seasons and both were awesome, and rest assured more brilliance is on its way.
we get to see such brilliance on TV, isn't it a good time to be alive?

No comments:

Post a Comment